Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

200 pics with geotags left in found on darknet drugs markets

Forums Drugs 200 pics with geotags left in found on darknet drugs markets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • It’d be best to use a dinky digital camera that you hook to your computer with a cord, upload the files to the computer then loading the files to the deepweb.

I wonder if there are much in the way of TOR apps?

I looked at the map and it was just Geotagged by Marketplace which is useful in of itself but I was hoping it’d be tagged by the substance they were purporting to sell.

Interesting article, thanks

@Shakyamuni 986073 wrote:

It’d be best to use a dinky digital camera that you hook to your computer with a cord, upload the files to the computer then loading the files to the deepweb.

I wonder if there are much in the way of TOR apps?

The researchers are trying to keep some kind of ethical stance and not overtly act as surveillance operatives (although no matter how this project is packaged its still a surveillance operation).

The EXIF metadata added to digital camera photos since the late 1990s (where the GPS coordinates can sometimes be found plus a load of other stuff including camera serial numbers and lots of photography related data is independent of any encryption schemes.

The concept was invented by the Japanese in the late 1990s for photography related purposes; for non controversial applications it is useful for photographers including GPS data (one application is as you might expect nature photography).

There would equally be a use case for uploading photos of trusted EXIF data via an encrypted link to a secure network in something like an investigation of a road traffic collision or CSI photography.

However EXIF data can also be altered or removed whilst preserving the picture before uploading it anywhere.

There are lots of apps to do this; sometimes it happens by accident when batch uploading photos to photo sharing sites where metadata has already been mangled or misformatted by photo cataloguing software. I’ve got a bunch of late 90s photos of raves taken with a first generation digicam that suffer from this, making uploading them to Flickr a nuisance as the dates transfer all wrong (in spite of the correct ones being in the metadata somewhere and I have to add them manually.)

I believe this forum now strips all EXIF data from uploaded photos – initially it did not and we had to warn a few people who would otherwise have risked trouble.

Auch wenn du am Abgrund stehst, und gar nichts mehr verstehst,
    wachen Engel über dich, halten dich im Licht und lassen dich nie fallen.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Drugs 200 pics with geotags left in found on darknet drugs markets