Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

3 week no mycelium.

Forums Drugs Mushrooms & Cacti 3 week no mycelium.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Motherfucker. I followed RR’s ‘Let’s grow mushrooms’ videos exactly, minus the glove box, and am storing the 1/2 pint jars at 66-75 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]°F (Sorry for being an American and using non-SI measurements) in a dark closet that gets a little light. Each jar was inoculated with 1cc of B+ Cubensis spores from A somewhat reputable supplier on Amazon. All eight jars are EXACTLY the same as they were 3 weeks ago. There is NO growth of anything at all. No mold, no mycelium. What the hell did I do wrong?[/FONT]

take this too the shroomery, or maybe someone will know here.

good to see you around RaD.. hope all is well

Yeah nice to see you bud. As DFB says, shroomery.org will get you much better answers than here but I have a few questions if you don’t mind.
    Did you sterilize all the jars before doing anything with them? Have you done this before with positive results. I’m not questioning if you know what you’re doing, I just wonder if you are practiced in the details. If all 6 are dead then maybe all 6 didn’t get sterilized and so were all contaminated in the same way.

That’s just my thoughts though and they mean little. As DB said, by far your best bet is shroomery where you will get excellent advice on pretty much everything.

@Digital Buddha 578533 wrote:

take this too the shroomery, or maybe someone will know here.

I did take it to shroomery, but they are NOT the kindest people to ‘noobs’. So I thought what the hell, maybe someone on PV might have some ideas..

On an unrelated topic, I see that the number of wacky-ass posts has continued to rise since I’ve visited last. Oh, and is Psy still around, or has he left like he said he would?

@Tryptameanie 578539 wrote:

Yeah nice to see you bud. As DFB says, shroomery.org will get you much better answers than here but I have a few questions if you don’t mind.
    Did you sterilize all the jars before doing anything with them? Have you done this before with positive results. I’m not questioning if you know what you’re doing, I just wonder if you are practiced in the details. If all 6 are dead then maybe all 6 didn’t get sterilized and so were all contaminated in the same way.

That’s just my thoughts though and they mean little. As DB said, by far your best bet is shroomery where you will get excellent advice on pretty much everything.

Oh, I don’t know what I’m doing.:wink: I assumed even if the jars were contaminated that some kind of growth would be apparent. And yeah, they were sterilized in a pressure cooker for 45min at 15psi.

its pretty easy to deduce that the same thing fucked them all up and prevented any growth.

as far as you ask… psy hasn’t posted in a while, could be taking a break, could be gone for could, could be dead. yeah the board has alot of useless crap being posted nowadays

Thanks guys.

I guess it’s a good thing I’m turning the PC into an ethanol still..

The only purpose that pressure cooker wont have served is as a cooking pot lol.

UPDATE: Problem solved! The ‘Reputable supplier’ recommended by some shroomery members ‘accidentally’ mistook my spore syringe with sterile water. Thanks for the input though, guys!

Excellent news bud, glad you got it sorted. Let us know how your delights turn out.

yeah hope it works out, but damn thats lame, glad you didn’t fuck anything up, if you give it another go it should work out

That’s why its best to stay away from those nobs at shroomery …. check out mycotopia.net next time your looking for growing help …. MUch much nicer and very knowledgeable group … Id be happy to answer any questions you might have in the future just shoot me a PM as I would rather not speak aloud here about techs 🙂 nothing personal to PV , Im just still new here …..

~namaste

Have you tried these?

MycoFarm

with that one bag you get about 20g of cubes. The bag comes ready prepared and sterilized, you literally just inject it with a syringe and stick it in an airing cupboard.

Its very hard to grow shrooms with your own mix as contamination is so easy, although if you can manage it you get more bang for your buck.

I’ve tried getting help on the shroomery before and found people really rude and unhelpful. 🙁

@Mr Krabs 587429 wrote:

Have you tried these?

MycoFarm

with that one bag you get about 20g of cubes. The bag comes ready prepared and sterilized, you literally just inject it with a syringe and stick it in an airing

You wanna stay away from most of those grow kits , or all in one deals …. Just look up PFtek … learn it and follow the directions exactly and you will be able to grow I promise ! ALso learning this way helps you to better understand what the myc , and mush , want and need during different phases of growth …. Hell you don’t even have to have a pressure cooker to use the PFTek … though it helps it is not needed … Just remember to be as sterile as possible , use Lysol whenever you can … always wipe your tools with alcohol and get your spores from a reputable source …. PM me if you need a source for spores …

HOPE THIS HELPS 🙂
    happy growing

here a link to topia in regards to pftek https://mycotopia.net/topic/58102-copy-of-pf-website-april-2010-update/?hl=pftek#entry729364

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Drugs Mushrooms & Cacti 3 week no mycelium.