Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

4.5kVA Lister/Petter generators for sale

Forums Classifieds Sound & Audio Equipment Classifieds 4.5kVA Lister/Petter generators for sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Soon I will have three 4.5kVA lister/petter diesel gennies for grabs, two will be normal trolley mounted with electric start, £400 each. There will also be another one handle start on a smaller trolley for £250.

Runs on red diesel and even 100% cooking oil with no probs at all.

All serviced with new oil etc. Will be about a week or so until they are done, I will then post pics up.

I’ll ask my mate we was looking at getting one for small stuff/lighting etc but don’t know if he wanted to spend much, a decent one would definitely come in useful though 😉

Yeah they will be fully serviced, new oil/air/fuel filters. Lister/petter will last a lifetime and they are safer being diesel. Only thing that might hold me back a few more days will be the weather were expecting but soon as they are done I will get some pics up together.

sweet 😉

Righty – I have one genny up for grabs now its a hand start lister-petter. new filters (and fuel filter) runs sweet as.

you can even run it straight from old vegetable oil just filter it through a J cloth to get the bits out! otherwise red diesel or any mix of diesel/vegoil is good enough.

£300 is the asking price, delivery will be £50 to mainland UK.

Couple pics below, Nothin too special the 2nd pic shows the volt meter with a 2kW load on (fan heater on med setting)

genny1.jpg

genny2.jpg

I don’t have 300 pounds but would you consider a swap? I have 100 wooden nickels and a rubber chicken:weee:

@DJCliffy 223988 wrote:

I don’t have 300 pounds but would you consider a swap? I have 100 wooden nickels and a rubber chicken:weee:

lol and what were u doin with that rubber chicken may i ask haha! :crazy::weee:

I just did a test on the genny today with some used veg oil and the smell of cooking from the exhaust made me hungry lol. It seemed to run just a tad quieter on veg oil and seemed like its got a bit more power behind it.

do you get these gensets regularly?

I am trying to convince my employers to invest in at least one as we work out in the sticks and I am fairly convinced power cuts will become more and more frequent

we do use UPS’s here (currently a cheap Belkin 800VA). I’ve heard that some UPSs don’t run very well if fed by a genset, how true is this and do you have any suggestions for ones which will?

Ideally I would like to be able to keep at least two of our office workstations plus the network/comms kit going in the event of an extended power outage..

Some UPS’s dont like gennies for a few reasons:

1) They sense when theres no neutral/earth link

2) They dont like an input of less than 220v (even the smallest genny volt drop can cause this)

3) Any change in RPM (frequency) will be picked up by the UPS and again it will keep swapping from genny to backup battery.

I make sure these diesel gennies overcome all the above probs, I put the N/E link in myself, so the moment you earth it with a rod it mimics mains supply.
    If at 50Hz the power is saying 220v then can adjust the alternator itself to increase output voltage nearer to 230/240. This is sometimes needed on 110/220v gennies.

Also diesel gennies hardly fluctuate. Its well easy to set these listers to 50Hz and they stay quite stable.

I soon will have another genny the same but this will also have a built in fuel tank in the base, and be electric start. I will be asking for around £450 ish for that one when its done.

I often get gennies in, they are usually 110 volt ones and I just alter the windings on the alternator to give 220 (or above) out of them, then sell them on after a service. Only thing is lately im on a mission, half way through building a biodiesel reactor in my workshop so my time is taken with all that at the mo. Be glad when its done!

Still got the hand start genny up for grabs, fired up nice and easy 1st time yesterday after being sat for a week. I forgot to mention it does have the facility to fit a starter motor if you want to convert it to electric start, theres a blanking plate covering where the starter goes.

i could probs take this off your hands for £300 in a month or two if its still available then

It might still be available i got a couple of people interested in it, mind u, if u wanted to be naughty and use a credit card on paypal then u can have it sooner lolz!

I will have another genny available, gonna be a while but it will be electric start with a long run tank same design as the current 1 (same engine) will want £450 for it

If you (or any1) wants the £300 one pm me and i will give u the details/paypal addy. delivery is £50 anywhere mainland UK, it will be on a pallet.

Update – The £450 one has been refurbished and sold, however I have just gotten hold of another one its exactly the same, Lister Petter AC1 engine, 4kVA, electric start and will start refurbishing it next week.

Price will be same when its done, £450 so if anyone is interested gis a shout. Probs be about 2 weeks until its done.

Remember these are well easy to maintain, and will run on cooking oil (even used if u filter the bits out!)

Hi!
    I am interested in some lister genny. WHole genny is welcome, alternators and the engine are also welcome.
    Please send pictures and info to my address: victormob@yahoo.com
    Thanks.

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Classifieds Sound & Audio Equipment Classifieds 4.5kVA Lister/Petter generators for sale