Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

4,000 at illegal rave, officer hurt

Forums Rave Party Reports 4,000 at illegal rave, officer hurt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • A police officer was injured after being called to an illegal rave in a field involving 4,000 people

A police officer was injured after being called to an illegal rave in a field involving 4,000 people, police said.

Wiltshire police were called on Saturday night to farmland near Warminster, in Wiltshire, where ravers had set up sound stages.
    Officers were deployed throughout the night to clear the site of up to 4,000 ravers in what is thought to be the biggest rave the force has had to deal with.

A 46-year-old male officer was hit by a car at the site, off the B390 between Knook and Chitterne, and suffered a suspected fractured ankle. He was taken to Salisbury District Hospital where he will undergo surgery.

Police have warned members of the public to avoid the area as hundreds of cars have been left by the side of the road causing congestion. Spokesman for the force, Steve Coxhead, said raves normally attract several hundred people rather than thousands.

“Such events take no account of the safety of those who attend or the inconvenience caused to local communities or the travelling public on which they can have a substantial impact especially over a bank holiday weekend,” he said.

“Many of those attending the rave have simply abandoned their vehicles on the side of the road which has caused local traffic disruption with traffic diversions being put in place at Heytesbury, Codford, Chitterne, Tilshead and Shrewton. The public are asked to stay away from the area and regrettably the disruption is expected to continue for some hours to come.”

Mr Coxhead added: “We want to advise anyone still thinking of attending that they should not do so.

“If they ignore this advice they should be aware that all vehicle access routes are closed and should they abandon their vehicles then they risk being towed away and impounded.

“Our priority is one of safety to all concerned, and to restore normality to the local community whose bank holiday activities have been and continue to be disrupted by this illegal, inconsiderate, and dangerous activity.”

4,000 at illegal rave, officer hurt

Any members there???

no didnt go but i thought about it last night after carnival thought it must still be on they said its 20 rigs

PHAT PARTY!

fuck looks a phat party, any pics/vids?

Five people have been arrested after a policeman was injured at an illegal rave on farmland in Wiltshire.

Officers were called to reports of up to 4,000 revellers at the site.

A number of those at the rave required medical treatment for alcohol and drug intake and one member of the public was taken to hospital.

The injured officer, a 46-year-old-male, was treated for a fractured ankle at Salisbury District hospital after being hit by a car.

A police spokesman said the injured officer was struck as he stood next to a marked patrol car trying to prevent access to the site on Saturday.

Officers spent much of Sunday clearing the site and formal notices were served for people to leave the field.

The nearby B390 was closed for most of Sunday because a large number of vehicles had been abandoned at the side of the road.

Those remaining after 1600 BST were towed away by police.

Five held following illegal rave

wow

well its the best party i been 2 since the uktek brecon mayhem!! dont rekon ther wer that many ppl ther tho!!! but yeah gr8 night, shame bout copper gettin smashed up tho, seen it happen!
    dederz

4000 people? haha would have loved to see that.

There wasnt 4000 there, no way. Was an amazing party dont get me wrong and shame about the copper. What isnt good is that news crews were interviewing people .. funnily enough the most fucked. The soundsystems put out a really good, varied and driving sound. didnt get any photos, think some friends have daan saaf have will see what i can find.

I remember this, was a great party, shame about the weather and not being able to get the cars in though.

Didn’t see what happened to this copper but I did see it on the News 24 when we got home, which was a little odd, wasn’t sure if it was the cid or it really was on the news (at the time).

ps really didn’t look like 4000 people though! hard to tell as so many people leave while so many others are arriving I guess.

theres no real way they can know how many people was there, its probably just some random number some news exec came up with.

@Buzz 354983 wrote:

theres no real way they can know how many people was there, its probably just some random number some news exec came up with.

Yeah I think your right. Bit like when there’s a demonstration and the demonstrators estimate 10,000 people turned up but the rozzers say it was more like 1,000.

damn propaganda

yeah, take everything you see in the media with a pinch of salt.

Do u see how many huge canisters of med grade nos where! where were they getting them?

no way 4000 ppl turned up! couldn’t believe the walk, awesome place!! ~_~

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Rave Party Reports 4,000 at illegal rave, officer hurt