‘Day of Direct Action Blockades’ to shut DSEi by any means possible.
Disarm DSEi is a campaign to shutdown the Defences Systems & Equipment International arms fair which is taking place at the Excel Centre in London’s Docklands, from 9-12 September 2003.
Please respect that this is the day of no rules/no guidelines around the Excel Centre.
Planned meeting points for Wednesday 10th September:
* 8.00am Critical Mass bike ride. Meet in front of the Royal Exchange, off Threadneedle St. & Queen Victoria St. EC4. Near Bank Tube, in the heart of London’s Financial District. Cycle to EXCEL. More information firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 9.00am – Meet the arms traders. Meet inside Custom House station (DLR & Silverlink). Follow signs to EXCEL. Dress as smart as possible.
* 11.00am – Blockade the Death Fair. Meet at Canning Town roundabout, outside Canning Town station (Tube, DLR & Silverlink).
* 11.00am – Storm the Death Fair. Meet at Connaught Bridge underpass, western end of Royal Albert Way. Royal Albert or Prince Regent DLR.
* 4.00pm – Street Party. Meet at Rathbone street Market, off Newham Way, at the Canning Town Roundabout end, London E13 Nearest tube (Jubilee Line) Canning Town, also DLR and Silverlink.
* Affinity group direct action will be taking place throughout the day.
Away from ExCel:
* Women in Black vigil. Women only, dress in black, silent
vigil. 6-7pm @ Edith Cavell statue located opposite National Portrait Gallery at the bottom of Charing Cross and St. Martin’s, near Trafalgar Square. Men encouraged to form solidarity vigil on steps of St. Martin’s church which is within sight of Edith Cavell statue. Contact http://www.womeninblack.org.uk; email email@example.com or phone 020 7813 2019.