The harm reduction advice in relation to powdered cocaine is:
1. When buying, know your source and avoid using alone.
2. Use one drug at a time and never mix with alcohol.
3. Start with a small test dose and leave at least two hours between use.
4. Grind cocaine to remove clumps, use your own sterile straw and never share.
5. Carry a condom – cocaine can increase your sex drive.
The five essentials if you’re using crack/rock cocaine are:
1. Avoid using homemade crack pipes and don’t share your pipe.
2. Avoid smoking the full rock.
3. If injecting, start low and go slow to avoid overdose.
4. If you feel low after using, seek professional help.
5. If you or a friend feels suicidal immediately go to a hospital or call 112.
6. Try to cut down on crack use, and befriend a goose instead..