Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

9 Charged after rave violence

Forums Rave Free Parties & Teknivals 9 Charged after rave violence

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Nine men have been charged with violent disorder in connection with a disturbance at a rave in Essex in which 64 police officers were injured.

Officers were attacked with broken bottles and scaffold poles in clashes with revellers in Great Chesterford, near Saffron Walden, in August 2006.

The men, who are aged between 18 and 40, are from Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.

They will appear before Chelmsford magistrates on Friday 14 March.

More than 600 people had turned up for the rave and when police tried to break it up violence erupted.

One police officer lost a finger which was cut off during the scuffles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7280432.stm

just saw this on the bbc site

sounds like they deserved it assuming they started the rukkus and not the police

eugh, imagine your finger just coming off in a fight. that is darrrk. i hate it when i trap mine in the door :hopeless:

i hate it when mine gets stuck up jonny quests bum after i have flicked a pill up there :laugh_at:

spally wrote:
    eugh, imagine your finger just coming off in a fight. that is darrrk. i hate it when i trap mine in the door :hopeless:

My mate bit someone’s off in a fight once lol. Saying that, she beat fuck out of 3 lads at the same time as that too. Psycho fucker :you_crazy

Thing is that gets me about things like this, would It not have been more productive to have a police presence and oversee a tidy up in the morning?

Im not saying voilence was the answer for anyone to use here, but If your going to go around in riot gear trying to forcefully stop raves, then there will be trouble obviously. Fuck you’d even get trouble doing that with a load of math university students protesting or something. You poke, and they poke back.

Love the way they say about the 64 police officers getting injured & one losing a finger – but nothing about the loads of people injured n trampled on by the police n my mate who lost his eye. Bare in mind the police were all suited n booted charging at people – yet they make out like they came off worse!

the big problem is the “normal people” of East Anglia (and many other areas TBH who either don’t go to raves or don’t support them) are perfectly happy to see the Police clear an area by force if they don’t agree with what is going on, and injuries on both sides are seen as an unavoidable consequence.

This op was done to prove a point because the Eastern constabularies were concerned about being seen as a soft spot for raves, particularly as many crews had been forced out of the home counties (thames valley, SE England area).

When a similar thing happened in Suffolk last year (thankfully with less injuries) people actually wrote into the paper saying the Police should have used more force and that cops should have gone in heavy 20 years ago (when EA parties first started happening) :hopeless:

Isn’t that the huge fucking Essex riot that happened in 2006 (Yes as we were going to go- near saffron waldon)? Where they smashed up the Skan rig?

So after a two year investigation, police visits to everyone who had their numberplates taken, peoples faces being put out on crimewatch, 1,000s of taxpayers money beiong spent……………………….

They’ve charged 9 people with violent disorder?

That was worth it!!!

Anyone notice that the number of injured police officers goes up each article? 64? Like fuck………..

binge wrote:
    Isn’t that the huge fucking Essex riot that happened in 2006 (Yes as we were going to go- near saffron waldon)? Where they smashed up the Skan rig?

So after a two year investigation, police visits to everyone who had their numberplates taken, peoples faces being put out on crimewatch, 1,000s of taxpayers money beiong spent……………………….

They’ve charged 9 people with violent disorder?

That was worth it!!!

Anyone notice that the number of injured police officers goes up each article? 64? Like fuck………..

Ennit the article just tries to make it sound a lot worse from the police point of view after how much money its cost the taxpayer (in the original article it said 9 officers were injured – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/5290134.stm) – I can’t remember the figure published on how much this operation cost but it was in the millions, and all for 9 charges of violent disorder which any pair of feds would easily get on a friday night in most towns costing only that nights wages :you_crazy
    Plus as I said the injuries sustained by ravers were more substantial and I still hear stories from people who got battered who were trying to keep out of the way

the BBC have asked for ravers to give their side of the story on a number of occasions but people understandably won’t talk to them as the cops/govt can put more pressure on the BBC to get them to divulge their sources..

the real issue though is that there is a serious division between the wider society in East Anglia (and also SE England). There are a fair few people like us who enjoy raves and will support them (even if some of us are now older and don’t go as much). There are even many normal people (but most are in urban or suburban areas) who don’t go to raves and wouldn’t do so but still think that the current Police zero tolerance operations are overkill and the events aren’t a big problem.

But there are also loads of people (particularly the Middle England types and the farming community)who are extremely fucking angry that people can still actually get away with invading others property to do raves.

These people don’t care how many are hurt or even if millions of pounds are spent to shut down an event – for instance Surrey police used “dealing with raves” to justify buying their own Eurocopter (about a million just for the aircraft, plus running costs) rather than sharing two with the Met, and there wasn’t a murmur of complaint from the public. :hopeless:

There’s a few who would even be prepared to try and defend their land with firearms if they were allowed (and not heavily outnumbered), of course they can’t do that in this country so they want the cops to do their dirty work for them..

Dom_sufc wrote:
    My mate bit someone’s off in a fight once lol. Saying that, she beat fuck out of 3 lads at the same time as that too. Psycho fucker :you_crazy

Thing is that gets me about things like this, would It not have been more productive to have a police presence and oversee a tidy up in the morning?

Im not saying voilence was the answer for anyone to use here, but If your going to go around in riot gear trying to forcefully stop raves, then there will be trouble obviously. Fuck you’d even get trouble doing that with a load of math university students protesting or something. You poke, and they poke back.

we went to a meet in norfolk a few weeks back, but the police had blocked off the road etc etc, and as we drove out of the area the ob were all there in riot gear, sure enough. thered not even been a party yet, and no reason to come in so fucking heavy handed. and they always do, i swear its just to get a reaction. it makes me so mad, fuck off and find some real criminals, stop spending so much fucking money on plastic shields and helmets and LET US HAVE A DANCE! :bounce_fl :bounce_g: :bounce_fl :bounce_g:

spally wrote:
    we went to a meet in norfolk a few weeks back, but the police had blocked off the road etc etc, and as we drove out of the area the ob were all there in riot gear, sure enough. thered not even been a party yet, and no reason to come in so fucking heavy handed. and they always do, i swear its just to get a reaction. it makes me so mad, fuck off and find some real criminals, stop spending so much fucking money on plastic shields and helmets and LET US HAVE A DANCE! :bounce_fl :bounce_g: :bounce_fl :bounce_g:

they did from 1997-2007

I moved here in 2006 from SE England and was surprised myself at how lenient the (Norfolk) cops once were (although Essex/Suffolk went on zero tolerance from 2004/05 onwards in common with other regions in this area).

Then crews got sketchy and picked stupid locations, caused damage to farms and property and didn’t clear up properly, plus some of the SE England crews and ravers started partying Norfolk and being equally sketchy…

A fair few people got addicted to K and other drugs so the NHS ended up also monitoring the impact of the rave scene

Also some people then started boasting on myspace, bebo etc about how they were getting away with it every weekend, posting up rig names and details

and unfortunately its culminated in this lockdown…

DaftFader wrote:
    i hate it when mine gets stuck up jonny quests bum after i have flicked a pill up there :laugh_at:

thats my favourate part!

i was just going by the article with what i said .. i know in my heart of hearts what probably happened… i wasn’t there thank fuck ..

the thing thhat people need to get straight with stories like this though is that, when we – the ‘ravers’ – start a riot…we’re completely in the wrong…whether the police are wankers or not, they have a job to do, and its a privelege in the world we live in…whether we like it or not

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Rave Free Parties & Teknivals 9 Charged after rave violence