Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

What is Heroin or Smack?

Forums Drugs Heroin & Opium What is Heroin or Smack?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Quite understandibly the buzz of heroin is nice – especially if you are unhappy in your life then yes the buzz is better than sex.

    Can anyone hypothisise why heroin has become such a subject to talk about?

    Elliot

    PLUR

    e_babes wrote:
    Quite understandibly the buzz of heroin is nice – especially if you are unhappy in your life then yes the buzz is better than sex.

    Can anyone hypothisise why heroin has become such a subject to talk about?

    Elliot

    PLUR

    Like other media taboos, the stigma on discussing drug use (if not actually taking them) has been removed, for those who do not take stuff people still enjoy reading about it or talking about it (if only to condemn and judge those involved) its no different really from how lots of normal people read lurid reports on murder and crime, yet do not go out killing people or nicking stuff.

    also many of those who are more liberally minded are actually feeling utter despair at the way things are going.

    Despite having massive advances in technology and availability of resources (at least in Western Europe), quality of life has declined as friendships/relationships are strained by the social and economic competition and people are driven further apart.

    Activism appears to achieve nothing or very little these days as corporates/governments have so much power, so people give up trying to rebel or change things, if they don’t just become “normal” people they rebel by looking for a nihilistic escape – heroin provides this.

    Perhaps its stopping The Man from controlling them by destroying themselves (and perhaps other bits of society as well) slowly? A bit like becoming a suicide bomber but with a longer term plan.

    Auch wenn du am Abgrund stehst, und gar nichts mehr verstehst,
    wachen Engel über dich, halten dich im Licht und lassen dich nie fallen.

    Yes, we do exist. Howver, in my case – I can tell you that functional doesnt mean stable. I constantly feel like everything is hanging by a very thin thread. I never have any sense of security, and my colleagues at work know. They have no proof, but after time, the observant ones catch on to little things which clue them in. Financially, I am always hanging by a thread. Socially, I have no social life. Professionally, I do just enough to avoid being fired. I have a steady supply of Suboxone, which gives me the secururity of knowing I will never go through withdrawal if I cant find dope. Its really no way to live – am I functional ? Yes, but believe me – being “functional” does not a life make. Take it from me, I know.

    Hydro

    NYHydro50 wrote:
    Yes, we do exist. Howver, in my case – I can tell you that functional doesnt mean stable. I constantly feel like everything is hanging by a very thin thread. I never have any sense of security, and my colleagues at work know. They have no proof, but after time, the observant ones catch on to little things which clue them in. Financially, I am always hanging by a thread. Socially, I have no social life. Professionally, I do just enough to avoid being fired. I have a steady supply of Suboxone, which gives me the secururity of knowing I will never go through withdrawal if I cant find dope. Its really no way to live – am I functional ? Yes, but believe me – being “functional” does not a life make. Take it from me, I know.

    Hydro

    welcome to partyvibe

    :bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl

    thanks for joining us

    sorry to hear you feel you are only getting by; we are here for you if you want us:group_hug:group_hug:group_hug

    check out the thread:
    http://www.partyvibe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14506
    you are not alone:wink:

    as everyone is an individual what ‘functioning’ mean’s for one person can mean chaos for another

    to one person getting up and to their dealer before withdrawals kick in is functioning, to another it is maintaining a steady relationship / job / voluntary work etc

    It also depends whether some one is using heroin only,
    or being scripted or ‘maintained’ on meth or subutex
    whether they are sticking to their script or using on top or using other prescribed / non prescribed substances or alcohol on top

    therefore I think it is very hard to answer this

    nephew wrote:
    I am doing some research into heroin addiction and was wondering whether anyone can help? I am trying to find out whether a regular heroin user can continue to funtion as normal ie. work, socialise, maintain relationships etc. Does anyone know anyone who can??

    Yes they do!

    My mates uncle has been hooked on heroin for probably 10 years now and hes just saved up and bought one of these!

    kawa-zx6r.jpg

    it may seem an obvious analagy BUT many people struggle through the effects of alcahol/ drug abuse in many forms during their “functioning” lives,often met with a back slapping fair play to ya attitude from freinds and work asscosiates,i still would not encourage people to take the “heroin challange” however during a ten year technical job /using history i found, freinds in the know chastising me whilst suffering equaly or more from their indulganses in all the other drugs!

    treva wrote:
    it may seem an obvious analagy BUT many people struggle through the effects of alcahol/ drug abuse in many forms during their “functioning” lives,often met with a back slapping fair play to ya attitude from freinds and work asscosiates,i still would not encourage people to take the “heroin challange” however during a ten year technical job /using history i found, freinds in the know chastising me whilst suffering equaly or more from their indulganses in all the other drugs!

    yep that hypocrisy is rife isnt it?:yawn:

    seems to boil down to my drug is legal so i am alright but you should give yours up:rant::rant::rant:

    welcome to partyvibe treva
    :bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl

    nephew wrote:
    I am doing some research into heroin addiction and was wondering whether anyone can help? I am trying to find out whether a regular heroin user can continue to funtion as normal ie. work, socialise, maintain relationships etc. Does anyone know anyone who can??

    i’m not sure whether im a bit late answering this but i am a fully functional heroin addict i have a normal job as a hotel maid and a cottage in the country.

    i used to be a really bad ”smack head” robbing to support my habit n sleeping on the streets that sort of thing but eventually i got this job and was able to buy my drugs with hard earned money.

    i am now on methadone but am using heroin occasionally but i am hoping to come off the lot soon
    :good_evil :good_evil

    i just wanted to say that the reason i like to read about the subject is because i used to be a smack head n it somehow comforts me to read and descus the subject:love:

    nephew wrote:
    I am doing some research into heroin addiction and was wondering whether anyone can help? I am trying to find out whether a regular heroin user can continue to funtion as normal ie. work, socialise, maintain relationships etc. Does anyone know anyone who can??

    If your definition of ‘normal’ is what I perceive it to be, then I doubt whether any person that is a regular user of heroin (ie; an addict) is able to function as normal ie; work, socialise, maintain relationships etc.

    P.S. You could always give me a life times supply of the stuff (rationed out) and that would most certainly help me ‘function’ more normal!

    P.P.S. I have just switched over to Subutex after 13 years of heroin/methadone addition to help me ‘function’ more normal, because the ‘powers that be’ won’t give me a prescription of Diamorphine. They’d rather poison me with a much stronger, more addictive, more expensive drug that gives me terrible side effects!:cry:

    Just found out over the weekend that a good friend is addicted to heroin, as far as I know they are not known for this type of behaviour.Several mates got straight on his case which pissed him off big time and he fucked off home.

    Thing is do you think its worth talking/reasoning with him as in my experience its hard to help people in these situations unless they actually WANT help.

    at the same time I dont wont him to think no-one cares (we all do) but woulnt want to piss him off more or lose friendship.

    thats a tough one gooddog:hopeless:

    i agree that you can only help those who want to be helped; otherwise you are wasting your time:hopeless:

    have you asked why they started on it in the first place? try to not do this in a way which will get their back up [sounds like they have had loads of grief about it already] and let them know that you care and will help them if they want it; otherwise you will not carp on at them about it

    sorry to hear that BTW and good luck; keep us posted

    Yeah I will-playing it softly at the Mo-as you say ,I think everyone else has given him enough grief about it for the time being.

0

Voices

305

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Drugs Heroin & Opium What is Heroin or Smack?