Party Vibe

Register

Welcome To

15 Days On Subutex

Forums Drugs Quitting, Rehab & Detox 15 Days On Subutex

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
  • Hi Guys, new here, ive just made the transition from methadone to subutex.

Started injecting heroin at 16 after some abuse, got onto methadone, whilst still using, went all the way up to 150mls and back down to 60mls. Ive spent the last two years clean from heroin/crack and reduced my methadone to 10mls (very painfully i might add, i felt every 1ml drop for two weeks)

So I did the subutex indction after a lot of thinking (as I also have some medical conditions that complicate things, painwise etc) 15 days ago, Im stable at 6mg (went up to 8mg for a few days when the wd’s were at there worst) and was gonna stay at 6mg for a few months. After reading the sub thread ive just read, maybe this is not such a good idea? Im now thinkin maybe I should get off this as quickly as possible.

Im dreading the thought of PAWS and am worried now. I think ill start reducing this ASAP…..
    Any feedback and experiences with this wud be great :groucho:

welcome to partyvibe

massive respect for getting so far and getting clean

plenty of other members of the site have been through or are going through the same as you or have close friends in the same boat

so your ingood company 😉

keep strong

hiya m8

DONT PANIC 😉

the long and the short of subutex is that you should treat it with respect and tail it off gradually

try to sit down and work out how you plan to tail off the amount of subutex and do it nice and gently :weee:

there is a lot of info on the other threads in drugs forum and some of it may be useful to you in working out how to go about tailing off the amount of subutex you are using

also other members are in the process of detoxing with subutex and may be able to help you [you know who you are:wink:] and certainly discuss it with you

if you want any moral support or just somewhere to get stuff off your chest as you go through the process then we are here for you – all you have to do is ask m8:love::love::love:

well done for getting your methadone use under control and then continuing the processs by switching to subutex :weee:
    that shows a real commitment to getting clean and an admirable persistence – well done

:group_hug:group_hug:group_hug:group_hug:group_hug:group_hug

take care and keep doing it
    raj

Staff

Hi there Subutexdetoxer 😉

Welcome to Partyvibe:groucho:

We are all here to help if you need us 😉

SubutexDetoxer wrote:
      Hi Guys, new here, ive just made the transition from methadone to sub.
      Started injecting heroin at 16 after some abuse, got onto methadone, whilst still using, went all the way up to 150mls and back down to 60mls. Ive spent the last two years clean from heroin/crack and reduced my methadone to 10mls (very painfully i might add, i felt every 1ml drop for two weeks) So I did the subutex indction after a lot of thinking (as I also have some medical conditions that complicate things, painwise etc) 15 days ago, Im stable at 6mg (went up to 8mg for a few days when the wd’s were at there worst) and was gonna stay at 6mg for a few months. After reading the sub thread ive just read, maybe this is not such a good idea? Im now thinkin maybe I should get off this as quickly as possible.. Im dreading the thought of PAWS and am worried now. I think ill start reducing this ASAP…..
      Any feedback and experiences with this wud be great :groucho:

Hiya matey. First of all I’d like to say a big warm welcome from a fellow subutex user (2x2mg’sdaily). I wont go into the last 13 years because it would end up in a book about 1,000 pages long. I think you’ve made the right step into switching over to sub from methadone, but from what I’ve gathered from your post you are most probably on a tad of a too high of a dose, because with less of this drug you will feel it MORE. If, like you say you have not used gear for two years then maybe you should be thinking about tapering from sub ASAP. Do you ever get tempted to use gear again? Trust me man if you managed to taper down to 10mls of methadone without going back to gear, then you’ll find reducing your subutex down, ‘a walk in the park’. I regularly post on an opiate detox forum and there are people on there who know far more about subutex than me. BTW I use the same username on there.http://www.heroin-detox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4
      Check out the threads on the ‘buperenorphine/subutex/suboxone’ section and you’ll find a wealth of info. regarding this topic. The hard and fast rule is that the longer you stay on bupe the more difficult it becomes to ‘get off and stay off’. But by what you’ve said so far I think you could be good and ready to start the tapering plan now. But remember you and only you can decide when this will be so. In the meantime keep posting on here and all the very best. Peace and love. S:love: :love: BTW we are so lucky here in the UK to have the 0.4mg subbys. So when we do decide to jump we can do so from a tiny amount. The reason I’ve said this is because in the States they only have access to 8 & 2mg subs.

Thanks for all the replies.
      I think after reading some of the subutex detox threads im gonna start tapering today. Its only been 16 days on it so im glad I found this place in time. As my doctors plan was to maintain me on 6mg daily for a few months and then start to taper. Im just glad I found out some more info about it early enough to do something about it! So ill take 5 1/2mg today.

What would people reccomend?
      Like dropping 1/2mg every day or every other day or every 3 days?
      A quick taper sounds best, but im gonna be in withdrawls the whole time arent I?

Help

Staff

How are you today ?

SubutexDetoxer wrote:
        Thanks for all the replies.
        I think after reading some of the subutex detox threads im gonna start tapering today. Its only been 16 days on it so im glad I found this place in time. As my doctors plan was to maintain me on 6mg daily for a few months and then start to taper. Im just glad I found out some more info about it early enough to do something about it! So ill take 5 1/2mg today.

What would people reccomend?
        Like dropping 1/2mg every day or every other day or every 3 days?
        A quick taper sounds best, but im gonna be in withdrawls the whole time arent I?

Help

Question- What is a good taper plan?
        Answer- For a quick, less than 21 day detox a 1mg reduction every other day seems to work for most people. The less than 21 days time frame is assuming that your body has not yet become re-addicted to the sub. People that stay on sub roughly past the 21 day mark seem to report a much more difficult time discontinuing sub when they try.
        The first few days of sub induction its important to stay at the highest doses that dont make you sick. Most people start out between 8mg or 12mg, and after about 3 to 5 days the wds from your previous drug will begin to fade and that is when its best to start reducing your dose. Everybody is different, so if you really begin to feel wd symptoms when trying to taper, just take a little bit more to make yourself comfortable. For most people initially taking sub, a dramatic reduction will rarely be felt at all, and like previously mentioned..if it does, just take a little more!

A pill cutter or razor can be used to achieve the lower dosages, sub is also available in 2mg pils.

Day 1 (8mg to 12mg) – If all you needed was less than simply find your dose and reduce a little slower or in 1mg doses.
        Day 2 (8mg to 12mg) Once a day.. or split into (2) 4mg or 6mg doses
        Day 3 (8mg to 12mg)
        Day 4 (6mg to 10mg)
        Day 5 (6mg to 10mg)
        Day 6 (6mg to 8mg)
        Day 7 (4mg to 8mg)
        Day 8 (4mg to 6mg)
        Day 9 (4mg to 6mg)
        Day 10 (2mg to 4mg)
        Day 11 (2mg to 4mg)
        Day 12 (2mg to 3mg)
        Day 13 (1mg to 2mg) (at around this point you may start to feel the reductions)
        Day 14 (1mg to 2mg)
        Day 15 (1mg to 2mg)
        Day 16 (.5mg to 1mg) (you can stop at this point if you are ready)
        Day 17 (.5mg to 1mg)
        Day 18 (.5mg to 1mg)
        Days 19 to 21- (.25mg to .5mg) if you can break/cut the pills this small, this low amount will make the wds as mild as possible. A long drawn out taper is not really needed if you are not yet physically addicted to the sub, so feel free to make up your own plan, just try to jump at around the 1mg mark for the easiest overall time. (Short term sub detoxes only)
        This was posted on the opiate-detox forum and seems to be the best possible way of detoxing. Bearing in mind that you’ve been on sub for 16 day’s, then a slightly longer plan would be more beneficial. At the end of the taper we[UK]can use the 0.4mg tab. to enable us to ‘jump’ at a much lower dose. I would recommend ‘jumping’ at maybe 0.1mg’s and this can be easily done by buying a pill cutter from Boots. Keep us posted and all the very best in your detox and one day in the future I’ll be in the same position as your goodself:wink:
        Peace & Love.S.:love: :love:

Well, I ve just been to enrol in college and I have my start date (the 18th september) So now I have a choice to make, do I start my detox now and try and be done and starting to feel better my the time I start. Or do I stay where I am and reduce very gradually over the next few months so im not sick at college???
        I dont know what to do. Ive only taken 5 1/2mg today and will probably try and drop 1/2mg every other day until im off. I cant bear the thought of starting a new course and being sick. Especially as its a counselling course (im gonna be a drug counseller) and I need to be fully alert. Argh :yakk:

Hey SD. If you wanna be a drug counsellor, that means you’ve gotta be clean right? The choice is entirely yours matey but like I say the longer you stay on sub the more difficult it is to get off the damn stuff. From what I’ve read in your first post you seem to be completely over the temptation of going back to gear, so I say GO FOR IT MAN you’ve got every reason to start your taper and a new career to look forward to:wink:
        BTW if you do have any issues with slight pain & bathroom issues (you’ll know what I mean there:wink: ) you can always take a comfort OTC med. like imodium. But remember that this is also an opiate so don’t be taking too many. I know life can’t be turned back man but switching from 10mls of the ‘green stuff’ to 8mg’s of sub was way too high of a dose. I reckon you could have easily got by on 2mg’s daily. But hey all that’s in the past so like I say GO FOR IT and keep posting for support.
        Peace & Love dude.:love: :love: :love:

Hey there SD,

Welcome to Partyvibe..:love:

I think agent subby’s right if u wanna be a drugs counsellor then you do need to be clean.. well done for getting so far its not an easy road ahead but its the right one and by saying you want to be a drugs counsellor shows that you are committed to helping others that have been in the same situation as you and hopefully preventing others from going down the same road.

I know that previous peoples experiences that have been shared on the board for example E-babes detox diary have already made some people realise that heroin isn’t just another drug like E or Weed..

There’s alot of ppl on here to give you support if u need it.. no one judges you on here..

All the best and good luck for the road ahead..

Peace out
        AF 😉

SubutexDetoxer wrote:
        Well, I ve just been to enrol in college and I have my start date (the 18th september) So now I have a choice to make, do I start my detox now and try and be done and starting to feel better my the time I start. Or do I stay where I am and reduce very gradually over the next few months so im not sick at college???
        I dont know what to do. Ive only taken 5 1/2mg today and will probably try and drop 1/2mg every other day until im off. I cant bear the thought of starting a new course and being sick. Especially as its a counselling course (im gonna be a drug counseller) and I need to be fully alert. Argh :yakk:

hey SD

on this topic i can only tell you what worked for me when i was undergoing long term medical treatment – i hate sitting around doing nothing so i went to college because it gave me something else other than feeling ill to focus my mind on

it depends how you like to deal with stuff – i like to keep myself very busy so i dont worry about the things i have no control over. how do you usually deal with problems? [and how comitted are you to doing the course?]:weee:

TBH if the course is on drug counselling i think asking the course tutors would be a good idea to gauge how they feel about it too – its possible they may welcome the opportunity for having other course members being able to support you as you go through this process [no better insight than first hand experience IMO] [there is also a possibility they may not share my views]

either way they will need to be aware of what you are going through so that they can make appropiate adjustments to your tuition so you need to go and talk to them about it:groucho:

the first thing i would do about this course is go and meet the tutors and discuss it with them in your position – then both sides can make an informed choice as to the next step:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl:bounce_fl

hope this helps you – another thing you may find constructive is to sit down and make a list of the reasons why this course is important to you and what you hope to get out of it which will mean you are ready with answers should they ask these questions [always looks good if you can answer clearly when asked these questions; they then know you have thought it through carefully and are not doing it on the spur of the moment:wink:]

keep cleaning up SD :bounce_g::bounce_g::bounce_g::bounce_g::bounce_g::bounce_g:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome
        I have gone down to 5 1/2mg today and have a detox plan in place for the next three weeks, basically going down 1/2 mg every other day. I hope this is going to be ok, but im preparing for the worst.
        You saying about college and stuff, ive been there and done most drugs, i was injecting heroin and crack for a good few years and have been clean from them now completely for two years (thats not to say i dont go out every now and then and party on k, e’s and a bit of charlie) but generally, with the help of antidepressants and a very slow methadone taper ive managed it. My life now is how I never thought it would be. im in a stable, loving relationship with my partner of a year. I have my own flat and apart from being skint as he’s not working and im only on income support/incapacty as i have coeliac/crohns disease/arthritis adn a couple of other things im really ok. I cant wait to start college and get my two years completely free from opiates so i can start working as a drug counseller, i wanna help others and from my vast experience with counsellers and the mental health service in general for drug/alcohol addicition WE NEED MORE EXPERIENCED COUNSELLERS.. Also i feel its part of my healing process..
        i need to do this. Im actually a pretty strong guy and for the first time in my life I look forward to things and have some kind of life plan! instead of just dossing around and blagging benefits..
        I dont feel that well after the drop today, but i will get through this, and will try and post here every day, im gonna need as much support from people that have been through the same thing as possible.

Cheers peeps

Love and peace Gary xx:crazy:

:love:

good to hear you are determined Gary – mind you it was apparent from the story that you told about methadone 😉

i am cheering you on to be able to do what you want withyour life – it sounds wonderful and i am very happy tht you have found a partner with whom you are happy :weee:

stick at it raaaraaaraaaraaa

take care
        raj

Ive just realised as my tablets are 2mg, half of one is 1mg duh
        so im dropping 1mg every other day. Feel ok today, will keep posting anyway.:groucho:

Voices

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Drugs Quitting, Rehab & Detox 15 Days On Subutex