Party Vibe Forum

Register

Welcome To

360 or PS3?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • what about the wii?

    i havent got one.. im still going with my ps2… but still lol.. i dont know whats better.

    360 and ps3 are for lazier ppl lol wii seems to be a kids thing.. not sure if its good tho.

    limey wrote:
    what about the wii?

    i havent got one.. im still going with my ps2… but still lol.. i dont know whats better.

    360 and ps3 are for lazier ppl lol wii seems to be a kids thing.. not sure if its good tho.

    There is a lack of serious games for the Wii, like Fifa 08 has been dumbed down into some kids game which is shit!

    Though there does seem to be a few games coming out for the more mature/serious gamer.

    Will be treating myself to a PS3 at some point next year though

    how much are ps3’s now?

    its quite annoying that xbox has the one without the hardrive, then one with it, then elite its all confusing lol..

    so are the controls..

    limey wrote:
    how much are ps3’s now?

    its quite annoying that xbox has the one without the hardrive, then one with it, then elite its all confusing lol..

    so are the controls..

    you can get the basic model of the PS3 for £299.99, you cant play PS2 games on it (but are you really gonna be bothered?) and it doesn’t have a card reader but any USB card reader will work in it.

    Spent a drunken night discussing the pros and cons of gaming on the PS3 and 360 with a level designer from Rockstar North, who happens to be the new flatmate of a mate of mine.

    Anyhow the moral was….don’t get a ps3. Coders have little or no access to test stations or support from Sony until very late in the stages of development and therefore most games that are cross platform (as almost all are now) are developed on the 360 and then ported to the PS3. So the best you can hope for is a bug free copy of a 360 game, which is highly unlikely as the PS3’s coding is so complex and the coders have had so little time to study due to Sony freaking out about copyright theft before release.

    elretardo87 wrote:
    Spent a drunken night discussing the pros and cons of gaming on the PS3 and 360 with a level designer from Rockstar North, who happens to be the new flatmate of a mate of mine.

    Anyhow the moral was….don’t get a ps3. Coders have little or no access to test stations or support from Sony until very late in the stages of development and therefore most games that are cross platform (as almost all are now) are developed on the 360 and then ported to the PS3. So the best you can hope for is a bug free copy of a 360 game, which is highly unlikely as the PS3’s coding is so complex and the coders have had so little time to study due to Sony freaking out about copyright theft before release.

    Never knew that! I had heard that the programmers were having issues with the PS3….. shame that really….

    Then again i would really be buying it for Gran Tourismo….

    360’s are good but they’re absolute tossers on machine quality!

    BTW There’s a 360 arcade console coming out soon for less than 200quid,
    Much better than the core package! 😉

    360 all the way man

    the PS3 GTA i hear they had trouble fitting it in the blueray CD but as for the GTA for the 360 no trouble what so ever if you do get the 360 and get live send me your gamertag perhaps we could have a few games or something

    True-Innocence wrote:
    360 all the way man

    the PS3 GTA i hear they had trouble fitting it in the blueray CD but as for the GTA for the 360 no trouble what so ever if you do get the 360 and get live send me your gamertag perhaps we could have a few games or something

    Seems odd as the 360 uses DVD discs to store the data on, so they hold 4.7GB or what ever a DVD holds. The PS3 uses Blueray discs that can hold up too 40/50GB or something like that. 10x the storage space, cant see how it wouldn’t fit :crazy_diz

    this is true but the Xbox have a blueray player for it now if that’s the case we will have to buy it to play GTA iv what would not be good because they are about 100 to 200 i forget.

    But then all Blueray disks are the same size i think so in theory Xbox would have the same problem wouldn’t they.

    … (sorry didn’t make sense) Mods can delete this post if they want…

    Got me an arcade 360 on Monday, It’s hit me tho that i went out alot more when i didn’t have one! I ain’t really left my house in the last week not even for ciggys been playing mass effect non stop! I ain’t even done any drugs this week either and thats fucking good for me!:love:

    DJCliffy wrote:
    Got me an arcade 360 on Monday, It’s hit me tho that i went out alot more when i didn’t have one! I ain’t really left my house in the last week not even for ciggys been playing mass effect non stop! I ain’t even done any drugs this week either and thats fucking good for me!:love:

    Lol know that feeling it will pass…I’m normally stoned or on something when I’m playing my Xbox i still want to try some mushies while playing something on the Xbox should be shit funny.

    You got Xbox live dude?

    Nah not yet mate, I’m debating whether or not to cos i had me PS2 online and i actually became a hermit! So i’m undecided!:wink:

    ah right fair do’s yeah i used to be like that awile back now then i found the xbox and any game bores me shitless lol so the only time i play it is when I’m on drugs lol seem to kick butt on there to atuly

0

Voices

87

Replies

Tags

This topic has no tags

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.